This easy Rolo Cookies recipe makes rich, soft chocolate cookies stuffed with Rolo candies. It is the best cookie recipe for the holidays, Christmas and Valentine’s day!
These little sweet treats are such a favorite among family and friends, and are loved by both children and adults alike. On the outside they look like ordinary chocolate cookies, but inside there is a chocolate caramel surprise that everyone is going to love!
This recipe begins by whipping up a simple chocolate cookie dough, which gets wrapped around Rolo candies into cookie dough balls. I like to roll the cookie dough balls in a mixture of sugar and chopped pecans to make them look prettier and more presentable. However, if you want to skip this step (in case of a nut allergy or otherwise), that is totally fine.
While the cookies are baking in the oven, the dough balls spread and the Rolos melt and create a chocolate caramel center that is absolutely divine. The cookies are best served fresh and warm from the oven, while the caramel center is still ooey and gooey.
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes to Try
- Double Chocolate Muffins
- Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fudgy Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
For This Rolo Cookies Recipe, I Recommend:
- Hand Mixer – For a simple baking job like this, a small hand-held mixer is really all you need. It costs a fraction of the price of a traditional stand mixer and it works great for making cookies and cakes.
- Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. I love how easy they are to store and clean.
If you make this easy Rolo Cookies recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
For the cookies:
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and slowly mix until combined.
- Measure about 1 tablespoon of dough and wrap around a Rolo candy into a ball shape. Repeat with remaining dough and Rolo candies.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and crushed pecans. Roll each dough ball in the mixture until coated on all sides. Place dough balls on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until set and slightly cracked. Allow cookies to cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!