This easy Rolo-Stuffed Cookies recipe makes soft, decadent chocolate cookies filled with Rolo candies. It is a perfect cookie recipe for the holidays, Christmas, and Valentine’s day! Keep reading to learn how to make homemade Rolo drop cookies with this simple recipe.
Chocolate Rolo-Stuffed Cookies
These little sweet treats are such a favorite among family and friends. They are loved by both children and adults alike. On the outside they look like ordinary chocolate cookies, but on the inside there is a chocolate caramel surprise that really takes them over the top!
This recipe begins by whipping up a simple chocolate cookie dough, which gets wrapped around Rolo candies into cookie dough balls. I also like to roll the cookie dough balls in a mixture of sugar and chopped pecans before baking them. This extra step gives the cookies a bit of sparkle and makes them look even more tempting. However, if you want to skip this step (in case of a nut allergy or otherwise), that is completely fine.
While the cookies are baking in the oven, the dough balls spread and the Rolos melt. This creates a chocolate caramel center that is absolutely divine. The cookies are best served fresh and warm from the oven, while the caramel center is still ooey and gooey.
Are Rolo Cookies Good For You?
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you know that I generally like to keep things as clean and nutritious as possible. But, I wouldn’t consider these Rolo cookies to be healthy. This is because they are made with a good amount of sugar, white flour, butter, and candy.
However, I’ve said before that pleasure and health go hand in hand. Healthy eating can definitely include partaking in a reasonable amount of desserts and treat foods. This is definitely one of those recipes for times when you feel like indulging. Portion size and frequency (meaning the number of cookies you eat) are important concepts to keep in mind. So with that said, enjoy recipes like this one in moderation.
How to Store Chocolate Rolo Cookies
These cookies will stay fresh stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week. If you want to make these cookies in advance, you can freeze the cookies after baking them. They may be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
How to Store Unbaked Rolo Cookie Dough
You can also freeze the unbaked cookie dough, which will last up to three months in your freezer. To do this, roll your cookie dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet. Then, place the baking sheet in the fridge for one hour to chill. This step solidifies the dough balls, so that they don’t stick together in the freezer.
Next, transfer the dough balls into a sealed bag and store the bag in your freezer. When you want to eat some cookies, just remove the dough balls from the freezer. Set them on the counter and let them thaw for about 20 minutes before baking. If you don’t have time to thaw them out, then you can just bake the dough balls in their frozen state for an extra minute or two in the oven. By prepping and freezing your dough in advance, you can have freshly-baked cookies whenever you want!
More Easy Cookie Recipes
Craving more cookie inspiration? Here are some more recipes you will love:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cornstarch
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Gingerbread Molasses Cookies
- Caramel Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
If you make this easy Rolo-Stuffed Chocolate Cookies recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
The Best Chocolate Rolo-Stuffed Cookies (Easy Recipe!)
For the cookies:
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and slowly mix until combined.
- Measure about 1 tablespoon of dough and wrap around a Rolo candy into a ball shape. Repeat with remaining dough and Rolo candies.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and crushed pecans. Roll each dough ball in the mixture until coated on all sides. Place dough balls on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until set and slightly cracked. Allow cookies to cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.