This nourishing Green Smoothie recipe is the perfect way to start your day. It makes a delicious, satisfying drink made with kale, spinach, pineapple, banana, Greek yogurt and honey. Learn how to make a healthy homemade green smoothie with this quick and easy recipe!
You are going to adore this Green Smoothie recipe, because it is energizing, refined sugar-free and it tastes absolutely amazing. It makes an ideal morning meal, because it is super healthy, satiating, portable and is ready in just 5 minutes.
Green Smoothie Ingredients
Alright, before we get to the recipe, let’s talk ingredients. To make the best green smoothie, you will need:
- Spinach and kale: These are fantastic ingredients to add to smoothies, because they are both nutrient powerhouses that are packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Pineapple: This is the magical ingredient that naturally sweetens and flavors the drink so well that you can’t even taste the spinach and kale.
- Banana: This gives your smoothie a rich and creamy consistency. It is also a great source of potassium and dietary fiber.
- Water: This serves as the liquid base for the smoothie.
- Greek yogurt: This adds richness, creaminess and additional protein. I recommend using plain and unsweetened yogurt only, because a lot of flavored yogurts contain a ton of sugar.
- Honey: This adds natural and unrefined sweetness. Not all packaged honey is created equal, so I recommend using one that is 100% pure, raw, and unfiltered for optimal health benefits.
How to Make a Breakfast Green Smoothie
This recipe could not be easier. To make this homemade green smoothie recipe, simply:
- Add all of the ingredients – water, kale, spinach, pineapple, banana, Greek yogurt, and honey – to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, then serve.
Tip: When adding your ingredients to your blender, always add the liquid (in this case, the water) first near the blades. Doing this will help your blender to run a bit more easily whenever you are making a shake.
Possible Recipe Variations
This homemade green smoothie recipe is very flexible with regards to variations. For example, feel free to…
- Use a different sweetener: Rather than honey, you can substitute another natural and unrefined sweetener, such as maple syrup or agave nectar. Alternatively, you can throw in one or two pitted dates instead of a liquid sweetener.
- Add some spice: A dash of ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla all taste amazing in smoothies.
- Stir in some collagen: Adding collagen peptides to smoothies majorly boosts their protein content. Collagen is also known to improve the condition of skin, hair, nails, joints, ligaments and is great for gut health. I recommend using one that is all-natural, unflavored and unsweetened. I use this one from Thrive Market.
- Add some seeds: Chia seeds, ground flax seeds and hemp hearts get blended nicely into shakes. Aim to add one to two teaspoons per serving.
Those are just a few suggestions, so feel free to experiment with whatever ingredient swaps or additions that sound good to you.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes to Try
Looking for more smoothie inspiration? Here are some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
- Chocolate Protein Shake
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Vanilla Protein Shake
- Spiced Pear Smoothie
- Banana Protein Shake
The Easiest Way to Make Smoothies
If you drink smoothies on a daily basis, you need to check out Smoothie Box. Smoothie Box is an organic smoothie kit delivery service that uses high-quality, organic produce with no added sugar or artificial ingredients.
Each box comes with either 20 or 25 single-serving smoothie pouches that contain a blend of flash-frozen fruits, vegetables, and seeds. Smoothie Box’s smoothie blends are available in four delicious flavors: Green, Berry, Clementine and Cacao. You can also add either grass-fed collagen, vanilla whey, chocolate whey, vanilla vegan, or chocolate vegan protein powder to your box if you would like.
To make a smoothie, simply empty the contents of a smoothie pouch into your blender. Then add any liquid you like (such as water, coconut water, or any type of milk) and blend until smooth. Depending on how much blending liquid you add, one smoothie pouch will yield one 16-20 ounce smoothie, or two 8-12 ounce smoothies.
The price ranges between $5.56 to $7.44 per smoothie and shipping is always free. You can choose to have a one-time order or a monthly subscription. If you decide to have a subscription, it can be paused, delayed or cancelled at any time. Smoothie Box also offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied. In addition, my readers get a discount on their order using the link and code below:
If you want learn more about my other favorite organic smoothie delivery services, check out this post I wrote: The Best Organic Smoothie Delivery Services. In that article, I review and discuss other smoothie delivery companies (in addition to Smoothie Box) that you might like better.
If you make this Green Smoothie recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
The Best Green Smoothie (With Spinach, Kale & Pineapple!)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen pineapple
- Half a banana
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.