This nourishing Green Smoothie recipe is the perfect way to start your day. It makes a delicious, satisfying drink made with kale, spinach, pineapple, banana, Greek yogurt and honey. Learn how to make a healthy homemade green smoothie with this quick and easy recipe!
You are going to adore this Green Smoothie recipe, because it is energizing, refined sugar-free and it tastes absolutely amazing. It makes an ideal morning meal, because it is super healthy, satiating, portable and is ready in just 5 minutes.
Green Smoothie Ingredients
Alright, before we get to the recipe, let’s talk ingredients. To make the best homemade green smoothie, you will need:
- Spinach and kale: These are fantastic ingredients to add to smoothies, because they are both nutrient powerhouses that are packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Pineapple: This is the magical ingredient that naturally sweetens and flavors the drink so well that you can’t even taste the spinach and kale.
- Banana: This gives your smoothie a rich and creamy consistency. It is also a great source of potassium and dietary fiber.
- Water: This serves as the liquid base for the smoothie.
- Greek yogurt: This adds richness, creaminess and additional protein. I recommend using plain and unsweetened yogurt only, because a lot of flavored yogurts contain a ton of sugar.
- Honey: This adds natural and unrefined sweetness. Not all packaged honey is created equal, so I recommend using one that is 100% pure, raw, and unfiltered for optimal health benefits.
How to Make a Breakfast Green Smoothie
This recipe could not be easier. To make this healthy green smoothie recipe, simply:
- Add all of the ingredients – water, kale, spinach, pineapple, banana, Greek yogurt, and honey – to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, then serve.
Tip: When adding your ingredients to your blender, always add the liquid (in this case, the water) first near the blades. Doing this will help your blender to run a bit more easily whenever you are making a shake.
Possible Recipe Variations
This homemade green smoothie recipe is very flexible with regards to variations. For example, feel free to…
- Use a different sweetener: Rather than honey, you can substitute another natural and unrefined sweetener, such as maple syrup or agave nectar. Alternatively, you can throw in one or two pitted dates instead of a liquid sweetener.
- Add some spice: A dash of ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla all taste amazing in smoothies.
- Stir in some collagen: Adding collagen peptides to smoothies majorly boosts their protein content. Collagen is also known to improve the condition of skin, hair, nails, joints, ligaments and is great for gut health. I recommend using one that is all-natural, unflavored and unsweetened.
- Add some seeds: Chia seeds, ground flax seeds and hemp hearts get blended nicely into shakes. Aim to add one to two teaspoons per serving.
Those are just a few suggestions, so feel free to experiment with whatever ingredient swaps or additions that sound good to you.
The Easiest Way to Make Smoothies
I’m sure you know by now that drinking smoothies on a regular basis is super beneficial for your health. However, many people don’t drink smoothies often enough because they don’t have the time to shop for ingredients, measure them out, and chop them up. If you struggle to drink smoothies regularly due to lack of time, I highly recommend signing up for a smoothie delivery service.
Based on my research, my top choice for healthy, organic smoothie delivery is SmoothieBox. SmoothieBox sends everything you need to make nutritionally-balanced smoothies (in single-serving, blender-ready smoothie packs) straight to your front door. To learn more about SmoothieBox and my other favorite smoothie delivery companies, check out this post I wrote: The Best Smoothie Delivery Services. In that article, I review and compare a number of different smoothie delivery services based on convenience, price, and quality.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Looking for more smoothie inspiration? Here are some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
- Chocolate Protein Shake
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Vanilla Protein Shake
- Spiced Pear Smoothie
- Banana Protein Shake
If you make this Green Smoothie recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
The Best Green Smoothie (With Spinach, Kale & Pineapple!)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen pineapple
- Half a banana
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.