This simple Buttered Egg Noodles with Parmesan recipe requires only four ingredients and 15 minutes to make. A quick, easy, and tasty side dish that pairs perfectly with steak or roast chicken.
Buttered Egg Noodles with Parmesan – a simple pasta side dish that reminds us that food doesn’t have to be complicated to taste wonderful. This classic side is super quick and easy to make, so it’s a great recipe to have on hand when you need it.
It’s good to have a bunch of side dishes in your back pocket, that way when you have decided on what you’re going to serve as your main, you don’t really have to think too hard about your side. I love serving buttered noodles with grilled steak or roast chicken alongside some steamed vegetables for a filling, balanced meal.
How to Make Buttered Egg Noodles with Parmesan
All you do is cook the egg noodles, then toss them with butter, Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and a little S&P. I also like to add a splash of salty and starchy pasta water to the noodles to add a bit more flavor and to loosen everything up.
If you forget to reserve some of the water before draining off your pasta, it isn’t a big deal. Your buttered noodles will still turn out fine without it.
Does Pasta Make You Gain Weight?
From a nutritional standpoint, no single food alone has the ability to make you gain weight. However, pasta dishes do have a high calorie content, as they contain an average of nearly 250 calories for per cup.
Therefore, if you frequently eat pasta, you will have to be more mindful of your serving sizes. You shouldn’t have more than two servings per meal (half a cup of cooked pasta is equivalent to one serving of grains). And whenever possible, try to opt for whole grain pasta and serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or salad, to increase your fiber intake and to feel more satiated.
More Side Dish Recipes to Try
- Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
- Buttermilk Cornbread
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Sage
For this Buttered Egg Noodles with Parmesan recipe, I recommend:
- Lodge 6-Quart Dutch Oven – This pot is super affordable and the quality is excellent. I love using it to make pasta, soup and chili.
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece) – This set is perfect for mixing up and serving side dishes like this. These bowls are also great for making salads and using in baking.
If you make this easy Buttered Egg Noodles with Parmesan recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Buttered Egg Noodles with Parmesan
- 4 cups egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook noodles in a pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pasta water in small bowl, then drain and return to pot.
- Toss noodles with the butter, Parmesan, parsley and reserved pasta water until the butter is melted and noodles are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!