4 ingredients and 15 minutes are all you need to make this easy Buttered Noodles recipe. Pairs perfectly with steak or roast chicken.
Buttered egg noodles with Parmesan – a simple pasta side dish that reminds us that food doesn’t have to be complicated to taste wonderful.
This classic side is super quick and easy to make, so it’s a great recipe to have on hand when you need it. It’s good to have a bunch of side dishes in your back pocket, that way when you have decided on what you’re going to serve as your main, you don’t really have to think too hard about your side. I love serving buttered noodles with grilled steak or roast chicken alongside some steamed vegetables for a filling, balanced meal.
All you do is cook the noodles, then toss them with butter, Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and a little S&P. I also like to add a splash of salty and starchy pasta water to the noodles to add a bit more flavor and to loosen everything up. If you forget to reserve some of the water before draining off your pasta, it isn’t a big deal, your noodles will still be lovely without it.
For this Buttered Noodles Recipe, I recommend:
- Pot/Dutch Oven – This one is super affordable and the quality is excellent. I love using it to make pasta, soup and chili.
- Glass Mixing Bowls – This set is perfect for mixing up and serving side dishes like this. These bowls are also great for making salads and using in baking.
4 ingredients and 15 minutes are all you need to make this Buttered Noodles recipe. Serve with steak or roast chicken alongside some steamed vegetables.
- 4 cups egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook noodles in a pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pasta water in small bowl, then drain and return to pot.
Toss noodles with the butter, Parmesan, parsley and reserved pasta water until the butter is melted and noodles are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.