This Buttered Egg Noodles recipe requires only four ingredients and 15 minutes to make. It makes a simple and tasty side dish that pairs perfectly with steak or roast chicken. Learn how to make homemade buttered noodles with parmesan from scratch with this quick and easy recipe.
Buttered Noodles with Parmesan
It’s a good idea to have a bunch of side dishes in your back pocket. That way, when you have decided on what you’re going to serve as your main, you don’t really have to think too hard about your side.
Buttered Egg Noodles with Parmesan is a simple pasta side dish that reminds us that food doesn’t have to be complicated to taste wonderful. I love serving buttered noodles with grilled steak or roast chicken alongside some steamed vegetables for a filling, balanced meal.
How to Make Buttered Egg Noodles
This recipe could not be easier. All you do is cook the egg noodles, then toss them with butter, Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and a little S&P. I also like to add a splash of salty and starchy pasta water to the noodles to add a bit more flavor and to loosen everything up.
If you forget to reserve some of the water before draining off your pasta, it isn’t a big deal. Your buttered noodles will still turn out fine without it.
Does Pasta Make You Gain Weight?
From a nutritional standpoint, no single food alone has the ability to make you gain weight. However, pasta dishes do have a high calorie content, as they contain an average of nearly 250 calories for per cup.
Therefore, if you frequently eat pasta, you will have to be more mindful of your serving sizes. You shouldn’t have more than two servings per meal (half a cup of cooked pasta is equivalent to one serving of grains). And whenever you can, choose whole grain pasta and serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or salad, to increase your fiber intake and to feel more satiated.
More Side Dish Recipes
Look for more side dish inspiration? Here are some of my favorite recipes:
- Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Sautéed Mushrooms with Onions
- The Best Buttermilk Cornbread
- Potato Salad with Dill
- Creamy Garlic Pasta Shells
For this Buttered Egg Noodles recipe, I recommend:
Here are some kitchen tools I suggest using to ensure this recipe turns out perfect:
- Lodge 6-Quart Dutch Oven – This pot is super affordable and the quality is excellent. I love using it to make pasta, soup and chili.
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece) – This set is perfect for mixing up and serving side dishes like this. These bowls are also great for making salads and using in baking.
If you make this easy Buttered Egg Noodles with Parmesan recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Easy Buttered Egg Noodles with Parmesan Recipe
- 4 cups egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles in a pot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pasta water in small bowl, then drain and return to pot.
- Toss noodles with the butter, Parmesan, parsley and reserved pasta water until the butter is melted and noodles are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.
- To make this recipe healthier and higher in fiber, use whole wheat or whole grain egg noodles.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen says
My buttered noodles never look this good. 🙂 This is one of my favorite dishes, and you’ve done a beautiful job showing it. It’s simple yet flavorful. Can’t wait to try your recipe.
Awe Kimberly you’re so sweet! Thank you. 🙂 I love effortless recipes like this, so I just had to share it! You will have to let me know how it turns out if/when you make it!
Sometimes when I have a bad day, all I need is a big bowl of butter noodles and a good movie. And maybe wine. But seriously, you can never go wrong with butter noodles!!
Absolutely! Yes they are great for bad days because they are so effortless and comforting! Thanks Karly 🙂
Delicious recipe. Really easy and fast.
Thanks Sally! I’m glad you enjoyed it!
heather (delicious not gorgeous) says
mmmm. these sound super comforting (: though i’m pretty sure my mom wouldn’t agree; there’s an infamous story of my brother, who was a toddler at the time, flinging $30 worth of buttered noodles around at a very nice restaurant in hawaii years ago. i might just have to make these for her for old times’ sake (;
Thanks Heather! Pasta = Pure comfort for me. Haha that’s hilarious! But aww your Mom must have not been very happy about it, lol. You should def make these sometime for her! 🙂
Fast n easy Love it . Thank you!
Yay! 🙂 Thanks so much, Vanessa!