Garlic Shrimp Scampi
This Garlic Shrimp Scampi recipe is elegant and impressive, but is so simple to make. Get ready to wow your guests with this flavor-packed dish!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the shrimp, wine, red pepper flakes and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until shrimp is pink and opaque.
Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice and parsley and toss to combine. Serve warm with your favorite pasta, rice, or zucchini noodles.
- The white wine can be substituted with chicken or vegetable broth.
- I recommend using wild-caught, sustainably-harvested shrimp from Vital Choice (my favorite online seafood retailer) for this recipe.
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 300mg | Sodium: 940mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8.4% | Vitamin C: 13.2% | Calcium: 18.3% | Iron: 18.2%