Indian Coconut Lentil Curry (Quick & Easy Vegan Recipe!)
This Indian Coconut Lentil Curry recipe is naturally vegetarian and vegan. Learn how to make homemade lentil curry with this quick and easy recipe.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped packed fresh spinach
- Optional garnish: Chopped fresh cilantro
In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes until softened.
Add the garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Stir in the tomatoes and coconut milk. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
Add the lentils. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the spinach and cook for about 3 minutes, until wilted. Serve warm, garnished with cilantro if using.
- Serve your coconut lentil curry with rice or naan for a satisfying meal.
- Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for about a week or can be frozen for up to three months.
Calories: 411calories | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 182mg | Potassium: 1169mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3066IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 10mg