Sticky Honey Lime Chicken (Easy & Healthy Skillet Recipe)
This Sticky Honey Lime Chicken recipe makes a flavor-packed, healthy and inexpensive meal that the whole family will love!
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken parts (such legs and thighs)
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup organic tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
Season the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, add the lime juice, tamari, honey, garlic and ginger. Stir to combine and heat until bubbling.
Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, turning the chicken over occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165ºF using a meat thermometer.
Serve warm with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
- If possible, I highly recommend using organic, pasture-raised chicken in this recipe.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Calories: 433calories | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 649mg | Potassium: 353mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 233IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg