How to Make a Whey Protein Shake
Use this customizable recipe to make your very own homemade whey protein shake!
Servings: 1 serving
- Spinach or kale
- Any nut butter
- Chia seeds, ground flaxseed or hemp hearts
- Vanilla, cinnamon or nutmeg
- Fresh or frozen berries/sliced fruit
- Plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- Collagen peptides
- Raw cacao powder or matcha green tea powder
- For easy blending, add the milk first near the blades when adding the ingredients to your blender.
- Vanilla protein powder can be substituted for the plain protein powder. If you’re going to do that though, I recommend omitting the natural sweetener from the recipe and not adding any vanilla extract.
- Nutritional facts below are calculated using only the base ingredients (none of the optional add-ins are included).
Calories: 367calories | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 874mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 618IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 403mg | Iron: 2mg