Healthy Chicken Fried Rice (Easy 20-Minute Recipe)
This Healthy Chicken Fried Rice recipe is the best! Learn how to make easy homemade chicken fried rice with this better-than-takeout recipe.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons organic tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a wok or a large frying pan set over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a separate bowl.
Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the pan. Add the onion and frozen vegetables. Cook for 4 minutes until softened.
Stir in the garlic and ginger. Cook for a minute further until fragrant.
Push all of the vegetables to one side of the pan. Add the eggs to the other side and scramble constantly until cooked through.
Add the cooked brown rice, tamari, Sriracha, and chicken to the pan. Stir-fry mixture for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with green onions and serve warm.
- If you can, I highly recommend using organic chicken and grass-fed butter or ghee in this recipe for maximum health benefits.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Calories: 454calories | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 815mg | Potassium: 847mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5012IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg