How to Make a Healthy Homemade Protein Shake
A quick, easy and customizable recipe for a healthy homemade protein shake!
Servings: 1 serving
- Fresh or frozen berries/sliced fruit
- Spinach or kale
- Plain (unflavored) Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- Any nut butter
- Collagen peptides
- Raw cacao powder or matcha green tea powder
- Chia seeds, ground flaxseed or hemp hearts
- Vanilla, cinnamon or nutmeg
- For easy blending, add the milk first near the blades when adding the ingredients to your blender.
- Vanilla protein powder can be substituted for the plain protein powder. If you’re going to do that though, I recommend omitting the natural sweetener from the recipe and not adding any vanilla extract.
- Nutritional facts below are calculated using only the base ingredients (none of the optional add-ins are included).
Calories: 360calories | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 936mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 538IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 307mg | Iron: 2mg