The Best Vegetarian Burrito Bowl (Easy One-Pot Recipe!)
This homemade Vegetarian Burrito Bowl recipe is ideal for meal prep or dinner. A quick, kid-friendly meal that is naturally gluten free.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Optional garnishes: Fresh chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, lime wedges and sour cream
Add the broth, salsa, chili powder and cumin to a pot or large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Stir in the rice, reduce the heat to low, and cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed into the rice.
Stir in the black beans and corn.
Serve immediately, topped with optional garnishes, if using.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
- To keep this recipe vegan, omit the cheese and sour cream from the optional garnishes.
Calories: 553calories | Carbohydrates: 120g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1849mg | Potassium: 910mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1419IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 4mg