Easy Butter Chicken Recipe (Murgh Makhani)
This Easy Butter Chicken recipe is creamy, packed with spicy curry flavor, and is so wonderfully simple to make.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter chicken curry paste
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
In a mixing bowl, combine chicken and butter chicken curry paste. Allow mixture to marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat the ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the ghee is hot, add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the marinated chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, until almost cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to low and add crushed tomatoes. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in heavy cream and simmer for another 5 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through.
- If you can, I highly recommend using naturally-raised chicken, organic heavy cream, and grass-fed ghee or butter in this recipe for maximum health benefits.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Calories: 456calories | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 295mg | Potassium: 791mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3500IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 2mg