Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts (Super Easy Recipe!)
This Healthy Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts recipe makes a simple, flavor-packed chicken dinner that is perfect for busy weeknights and meal prep.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon or yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Arrange the chicken in a greased baking dish, pour the sauce over the chicken, and toss to coat.
Place the dish in the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour, or overnight if possible.
When the chicken is almost done marinating, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through, flipping over halfway through cooking time. Serve warm.
- The chicken is done when it is no longer be pink in the center and it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- For a complete and balanced meal, serve the chicken with steamed vegetables, rice or pasta.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Calories: 340calories | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 483mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.1mg