Thai Coconut Curry Rice (Easy Vegan & Gluten-Free Recipe)
This Thai Coconut Curry Rice recipe is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. Ready in just 30 minutes!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Optional toppings: Chopped fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the carrots and bell pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened.
Add the garlic, ginger, and curry paste and cook for another minute until fragrant.
Stir in the broth, coconut milk, and rice. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
Stir in the lime juice. Serve warm, garnished with optional toppings if using.
- If you are not vegetarian/vegan, you can substitute the vegetable broth with chicken broth.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Calories: 428calories | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 419mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5089IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 3mg