Baked Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce
This crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce recipe makes an easy and healthy meal that the whole family will love!
Servings: 24 chicken nuggets
For the Chicken Nuggets:
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
For the Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
Preheat oven to 400◦F. Spread breadcrumbs out evenly on a baking sheet and bake for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese, thyme and garlic powder. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add the flour to a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Beat the eggs in another bowl.
One at a time, dredge chicken in the flour to coat. Next, dip the chicken pieces in the beaten eggs and then coat the chicken with the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pieces.
Bake for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, flipping over once halfway through cooking time.
To prepare sauce, whisk together mustard, mayonnaise and honey in a small bowl. Serve chicken nuggets warm with dipping sauce.
- If you can, I highly recommend using organic, pasture-raised chicken in this recipe for maximum health benefits.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Calories: 61calories | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg