Honey Teriyaki Chicken (Quick, Easy & Healthy Recipe)
This Honey Teriyaki Chicken is easy, healthy and ready in just 15 minutes! It tastes even better than takeout and is so much better for you.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons organic tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions and sesame seeds
In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, tamari, honey, rice vinegar and cornstarch. Set aside.
In a large skillet or wok set over medium-high heat, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked through.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute further until fragrant.
Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan and stir to combine until the chicken is evenly coated. Continue cooking for about 3 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and has thickened.
Top with green onions and sesame seeds if using. Serve warm with cooked rice, quinoa and/or vegetables.
- If possible, I highly recommend using organic chicken in this recipe for maximum health benefits.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Calories: 259calories | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 958mg | Potassium: 479mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg