Apple Avocado Spinach Salad
This Apple Avocado Spinach Salad recipe is made with a delectable mix of sweet and savory ingredients, and dressed with a tangy apple cider vinaigrette. Quick, healthy and always a crowd favorite!
Servings: 6 servings
For the salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 apple, cored and sliced (any kind)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
In a small jar, add all dressing ingredients and close tightly with the lid. Shake well until combined.
Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing and toss to coat.
- When mixing up the dressing, I recommend shaking the ingredients together in a jar rather than whisking them together in a bowl. This will help the vinaigrette to emulsify much easier.
- If you are making this salad in advance, do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve it. This will keep the salad crisp and prevent it from becoming soggy.
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey with maple syrup and omit the goat cheese.
Calories: 311calories | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 3177IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 2mg