The Best Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup (Quick & Easy)
This Creamy Tomato Soup recipe is so quick and easy to make. Learn how to make the best homemade cream of tomato soup on the stovetop with this simple recipe!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- Optional garnishes: Extra cream and/or chopped parsley or basil
In a large pot, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until translucent.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Stir in tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer to a traditional blender and puree in batches, then return to pot.
Return to heat, stir in cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with a drizzle of cream swirled in and chopped parsley or basil, if using.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- To make this recipe vegan and Whole30-compliant, omit the butter and substitute the heavy cream with canned full-fat coconut milk.
Calories: 139calories | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 668mg | Potassium: 41mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 740IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 19mg