Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake (Quick & Easy Recipe)
This easy Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake recipe requires only 6 ingredients to make! It is a quick and comforting dinner for busy weeknights.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 cups penne or ziti pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (15-ounce) jar prepared alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnishing (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions, adding the frozen peas in the last minute of cooking time. Drain and return to pot.
Stir in alfredo sauce, milk, chicken and half the cheese.
Pour pasta mixture into a medium baking dish. Sprinkle remaining half of cheese evenly over top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and pasta is heated through. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if using.
- For the cooked chicken in this recipe, you can use shredded rotisserie chicken. Alternatively, you can cook and shred two small chicken breasts, which would yield about two cups of meat.
- To make this recipe healthier and higher in fiber, use whole wheat or whole grain pasta.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Calories: 436calories | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 361mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 14.5mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 2mg