Chicken Scampi Without Wine
This Chicken Scampi recipe is packed with flavor and is perfect for busy weeknights. Serve with rice or quinoa for a satisfying, protein-rich meal.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat.
When the butter is melted, add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and parsley. Serve over white or brown rice or quinoa.
- If you can, I highly recommend using organic, pasture-raised chicken and grass-fed butter in this recipe for maximum health benefits.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Calories: 278calories | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 493mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 554IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg