Thai Shrimp and Rice
This Thai Shrimp and Rice recipe is hearty, spicy, and makes a perfect weeknight dinner! A, easy, one-pot meal that is ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 carrots thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnishing
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the carrots and bell pepper and sauté for 4 - 5 minutes, until slightly softened.
Add the garlic, ginger and curry paste and cook for another minute until fragrant.
Stir in the broth, coconut milk and rice. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is almost cooked through.
Stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes until shrimp is pink and opaque. Stir in the lime juice, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 754mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3815IU | Vitamin C: 35.8mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 3.5mg