This Pineapple Coconut Chicken Fried Rice recipe is so tasty, satisfying and perfect for busy weeknights. Ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
If you love chicken fried rice, you are going to adore this hearty, flavor-packed version of it, which is made using one of my favorite food combinations – pineapple and coconut!
How to Make Pineapple Coconut Chicken Fried Rice:
This easy dish is prepared in stages so that everything gets cooked perfectly. First, get your rice started. Instead of just using water, the rice is cooked in coconut milk and broth, which infuses it with the most amazing flavor. While the rice is simmering, you can get going on cooking up the rest of the ingredients.
Begin by heating up some oil in a separate pan. Important: Make sure the oil is hot enough before adding the rest of your ingredients. A quick readiness test is to add a drop of water to the oil. If it sizzles and evaporates on contact, you are ready to start stir-frying.
Once your oil is hot, add your chicken, garlic and ginger and then set the chicken aside once it is cooked through. This is done so that the chicken stays juicy and doesn’t overcook while the rest of the ingredients are in the pan. Next, stir-fry the pineapple and bell peppers until they are tender-crisp. Then add in the cooked coconut rice, soy sauce and Sriracha and stir-fry the mixture for a couple minutes to pull all the flavors together.
Finally, add back your chicken. Tip: To really finish this dish off well, sprinkle some sliced green onions and crushed cashews over top, to add even more flavor and a bit of crunch. Dinner is served!
For this Pineapple Coconut Chicken Fried Rice Recipe, I recommend:
- Food Chopper – This is the one I have and it is one of my most-used kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly chop up vegetables.
- Bench Scraper – I purchased a bench scraper after seeing them being used on my favorite cooking shows. It is SUCH a handy tool for scraping up and transferring chopped food from the cutting board into the pan.
- Classic Skillet – This one is a kitchen essential. The quality is excellent and it is nonstick, which means clean-up is a breeze!
This Pineapple Coconut Chicken Fried Rice recipe is so flavorful, satisfying and perfect for busy weeknights! Ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 ½ cups chopped pineapple
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Optional toppings: Sliced green onions, crushed cashews
- In a small saucepan set over high heat, add rice, coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
While the rice is simmering, heat the oil in a large frying pan or skillet set over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, garlic and ginger and cook for about 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the bell peppers and pineapple. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes until softened.
Add the cooked chicken and coconut rice to the pan. Add the soy sauce and Sriracha and stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Sprinkle with optional toppings, if using, and serve.
To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute the soy sauce with tamari.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.