All you need is 1 bowl, 25 minutes and a handful of nutritious ingredients to make these Fruit & Nut Breakfast Cookies. All-natural, vegan and gluten-free.
These soft, chewy, clean-eating cookies are fantastic for busy weekday mornings. They are chock-full of nutritious ingredients and contain no refined sugar, oil or butter. They make a great grab n’ go breakfast or snack because they are easily portable and will keep you feeling full for hours.
This recipe is made from all-natural, good-for-you ingredients such as oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, nuts and dried fruit. Be sure to use quick oats rather than rather regular, large flake rolled oats in this recipe. Quick oats are more finely ground than regular rolled oats and help the cookies to bind together better. To make your own quick oats, measure the equivalent amount of regular rolled oats and pulse in the blender or food processor a few times. If you are gluten intolerant, be sure to use certified gluten-free quick oats.
Some ideas for substitutes: Feel free to use almond butter or any other nut butter instead of peanut butter. Honey or brown rice syrup can be used instead of maple syrup. If you don’t have almonds on hand, you can use any other chopped nuts, such as walnuts, pistachios or pecans.
If you want more easy and delicious recipes like this one, sign up for my email list! You will get a copy of my Simple Suppers eCookbook, plus my new recipes delivered straight to your inbox, all for FREE!
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups quick oats
- ⅔ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the mashed bananas, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the oats, almonds, dried cranberries and raisins, and mix until combined. Scoop about ¼ cup of the dough and drop onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly as they will not spread while baking.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.