One-pot Classic Beef Chili that is ready to eat about 30 minutes! A hearty, spicy and protein-rich meal that is perfect for cold fall and winter days.
There are few things that are more comforting than a hot bowl of chili on a cold day. Made with ground beef, kidney beans, tomato, garlic and lots of spices, this Classic Beef Chili recipe packs tons of flavor in each spoonful. Best of all, this easy one-pot meal will be on your table in about a half an hour.
You can serve the chili alone or with cornbread, rice or tortilla chips. Tip: If you’re feeling fancy, serve it topped with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and some chopped fresh cilantro.
This chili tastes great (maybe even better!) on the second day, so feel free to prepare it a night in advance and keep it in the fridge before rewarming and serving it the next day. Leftovers can be used a hearty tomato sauce – pour it over a baked potato, pasta, spaghetti squash or nachos. You could also freeze a batch into smaller portions for quick dinners during extra-busy weeknights.
More Hearty Dinner Recipes to Try:
For this Classic Beef Chili recipe, I recommend:
- Pot/Dutch Oven – This one is super affordable and the quality is excellent. I love using it to make soups, stews and of course, chili!
- Food Chopper – This is the one I have and it is one of my most-used kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly chop up vegetables. I especially love using it to dice onions, because it saves me from all the tears!
One-pot Classic Beef Chili that is ready to eat about 30 minutes! A hearty, spicy and protein-rich meal that is perfect for cold days.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- Optional toppings: Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté further for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook, stirring constantly to break up the meat, for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Mix in the chili powder, cumin and oregano until well incorporated.
- Stir in the broth, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm, garnished with optional toppings.
This chili can be served on its own, or with cornbread, tortilla chips or rice.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.